Surf Coaching Programs
Coaching for professionals & top amateur surfers has been well established for years, and is just beginning to be appreciated by longtime surfers. Fitness and good equpment are very important, but personalized coaching will have the most impact on your performance progression.
PERFORMANCE SURF COACHING & TRAINING
2-Session Assessment for Intermediate-Advanced
- THE most effective way to improve performance & progression
- 1-In-water Coaching Session + 1-Filming & Coaching Edit Session
- Detailed evaluation of skillsets, technique & equipment
- Goal Setting & Prioritization for fitness-mobility-mindset
- Requirements: must be able to catch
5-Session Coaching Package:
10-Session Coaching Package:
- Send video footage via Google Drive, DropBox, etc. You will receive a personalized coaching analysis edit (slo-mo & audio overlay) + 30min follow up call/chat.
- A video clip of your surfing immediately reveals precise areas of focus for better technique and training to progress (what you “think” is happening to what is really transpiring).
- Refining fundamental skillsets and increasing awareness on all levels is an ongoing process.
- Are you using the correct kinesthetic technique, having full body awareness, connecting core, torso & extremities
- Equipment Evaluation surfboard design & volume affects your paddling, positioning and timing
Contact Barry@centeredsurfing.com or 831-297-3029 for more info.
*See Skill Levels below.
MTD LEVEL 1
Catch waves with good positioning & timing, balanced stance, riding waves in control, safe entry & exit of water.
MTD LEVEL 2
Level 1 + basic controlled turns at speed, staying in the pocket, late drops in a variety of conditions, basic board & equipment analysis.
MTD LEVEL 3
Level 2 + basic execution of manuevers ( re-entries, noserides, etc.), relaxed in crowded & strong conditions.
MTD LEVEL 4
Level 3 + executing maneuvers with power, control & style, confidence and composure in overhead & waves, surfboard shaping theory.
MTD COMPETITION LEVEL 1
Level 4 + composure under pressure, heat strategy, relaxation techniques, & pushing limits free-surfing.
MTD COMPETITION LEVEL 2
Comp Level 1 + consistently getting through heats, placing in comps, mental & physical fine tuning.
MTD PRO LEVEL
Mastery of maneuvers, always pushing edge, reinvention of approach, deeper self-awareness, & healthy practices.
MTD SOUL-SURFER LEVEL
Less focus on competitive skills & more on discovering authentic style & approach, experimentation in surfboard design, breaking through physical, mental and spiritual limitations, & mindful surfing-mindful living.